Currently flashlights come in several various sorts, each serving a purpose of its own. These devices have in fact become an important part of daily life that everyone should own at least one of them. With the growth of science and technology, you can find an countless collection of flashlights in the market today. Even though it is difficult to list all the types of flashlights available, a few important types are listed below. what is a tactical flashlight
– Tube flashlights – These kinds of flashlights were the first to be introduced. They may be cylindrical in shape and the traditional ones used incandescent bulbs to produce light. Nowadays there are many flashlights that use LEDs as the light source. These flashlights are battery pack powered and can vary in proportions, weight, length and power.
– Pocket lights – These are smaller in size and can be easily carried around in your pocket or be attached to key chains. They can be of different shapes and the small size makes them convenient and portable. They are quite inexpensive too. One major drawback of pocket flashlights is their less power. Thus although they are suitable for use in everyday life, they don’t do well when it comes to heavy duty tasks.
– Dive lights – As the name suggests, these are under the sea flashlights made for divers. Dive flashlights assist to see better underwater thus are an essential tool for scuba divers, rescue divers or profound sea divers. These lights are usually made of steel or plastic and are waterproof.
– Tactical flashlights – These are high power flashlights mostly used by the military, police and unexpected emergency services. They are also very useful for self defense. The sunshine given out by these flashlights is so powerful that it can temporarily shades an individual even during the daytime. Tactical flashlights are durable and even though they are not too small , they are compact enough to be held in one hand.
– Shake lights – These are generally a newer version of flashlights which is gaining immense recognition among consumers. The interesting thing about shake flashlights is that they do not need bulbs or batteries. The light source is an LED (light emitting diode) and the product is charged by shaking it for about 30 seconds. This charging will provide power for the torch to operate for some minutes. Every time the light dims, the device just needs to be shaken up to be recharged. The downside of shake flashlights is that they are quite expensive.
– Headlamps – These flashlights can be worn around the head by fastening or strapping on to a helmet. They permit free use of the hands and hence are an excellent option for rescuers, miners, spelunkers and construction workers.
As you can see, all different types of flashlights have unique advantages and are useful for various situations. With so many flashlights available, choosing the right one can possibly be a daunting activity. You need to identify your preferences and choose the torch that would focus on your requirements. Even if it means that you have to pay a little extra money, always go with a good quality flashlight that will not let you down when you need it the most.